Frequently Asked Questions
- WHAT IS A SALT WATER POOL?
- Salt Water Pools are not chlorine free. A Salt Water Pool is simply one that utilizes a chlorine generator which converts salt to chlorine through electrolysis. Its main function is to produce chlorine for the pool so you do not have to buy it, store it, or handle it. With a Salt Water Pool the water feels smooth, your skin feels smooth and swimmers do not have to worry about green hair and itchy red eyes.There is less work involved in maintaining a Salt Water Pool versus a pool treated with traditional chlorine.
- WILL MY POOL WATER TASTE LIKE THE OCEAN?
- No comparison, the salinity level in your pool will range from 2700 � 3400 ppm about 1/3 of the salinity of a tear drop whereas the ocean is 35,000 ppm.
- WHAT IS A HEAT PUMP AND HOW DOES IT WORK?
- A Heat Pump is designed to move heat from the air and transfers it to the pool/spa water. A Heat Pump uses a refrigeration cycle exactly like your refrigerator or air conditioner. A Heat Pump allows you to heat your pool or spa economically, depending on your energy costs a Heat Pump can save you up to 80% over propane gas and 50% to 70% over natural gas. How long will it take to heat my pool? The initial start up heating time will differ, depending on the size of the pool and the air temperature at the time your trying to heat your pool. However, once your pool reaches the temperature you desire, the time can be a little as only a few hours a day.
- WHY SHOULD I HAVE MY POOL OR SPA WATER TESTED?
- Regular, accurate testing of pool water prevents water problems which lead to down time and unhappy pool users. It also prevents long term problems such as corrosion of filters, metal pool accessories and parts. Prevention of scaling of pool�s heater is another long term need. Your pools PH is a critical factor in how well everything works. When PH is high the water becomes cloudy, the sanitizer works less efficiently, algae & bacteria grow more quickly. Low PH causes very clear, but unhealthy water in that the sanitizer is used up quickly, the water becomes corrosive, eye and skin irritation are noticed.
- WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF A COMPOSITE WALL POOL VERSUS A STEEL OR ALUMINUM WALL POOL?
- Highly engineered reinforced composite wall pool will not warp, deform, crack or shear regardless of soil or climate conditions, it also will never rust or corrode as a steel pool, or oxidize as will a aluminum pool regardless of the electrostatic painted walls.
- HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO INSTALL AN INGROUND POOL?
- An Inground Pool start to finish can be completed in 3 to 4 weeks. Keep in mind, weather conditions, city inspections and soil conditions can all play a contributing factor in the time line of your pool installation.
- I HAVE A SMALL BACKYARD, CAN YOU STILL DESIGN A POOL TO FIT?
- You would be surprised at what Sun Splash Pools can build in a smaller yard. We can create a beautiful custom swimming pool for even the most challenging properties.
- WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF VINYL LINER POOLS VS. FIBERGLASS OR GUNITE?
- The advantages of vinyl are many, vinyl looks and feels smoother, offers a fair amount of design flexibility, colors are vast and are much easier to maintain. Gunite surface is rough and uncomfortable to the touch, cracking or staining of gunite walls can be an issue and the up keep of gunite is considerably more expensive. Last of all no manufacturer of fiberglass pools guarantees against cracks. Most importantly it takes a professional to install any kind of inground swimming pool. If you don�t hire one, you most likely will not get a good pool no matter what it is constructed of. It takes many years to learn to be a pool professional; this is not a craft that happens overnight. Hire a professional, licensed, insured pool pro to get the pool you expect and to save money in the long run.
- WHAT KIND OF SUPPORT AND HELP MAINTAINING MY POOL AFTER IT�S COMPLETED.
- We build relationships. Just because we�ve completed your pool does not mean that our relationship ends. We will be with you to help service and maintain your pool long after it�s finished. The level of involvement we have in maintaining your pool is up to you.
- WHAT IS INVOLVED IN THE CONSTRUCTION PROCESS?
- First, our staff will work with you to finalize the design, add on options, decking and other details. Once all the details are finalized, we will begin by grading the site and forming it into the necessary shape. We will then proceed with wall construction, plumbing, back filling, electrical, decking, landscaping and accessories. Although the construction process may be unsightly, the final process will be the envy of the neighborhood.
- CAN YOU MAKE MY OLD POOL LOOK NEW?
- A new vinyl liner makes your old pool look like new. With so many pattern and color choices, there are unlimited options to make your new liner fit right in with the rest of your backyard. Does your pool have old metal coping that is bent and ugly? You can replace your coping with new metal coping. We can also create a new deck that has a cantilever edge surrounding the pool and make your new vinyl look more like a gunite pool.
- HOW LONG WILL MY VINYL LINER LAST?
- The lifespan of your vinyl liner in a well maintained pool will last 12 � 15 years. Keep in mind there are conditions such as water chemistry and other variables that can lengthen or shorten the length of a vinyl liner.
© Copyright 2023 Sun Splash Pools and Spas. All rights reserved in all media.
Sun Splash Pools and Spas
82 Cady Street, Ludlow, MA 01056
Phone: (413) 583-7777, Fax: (413) 583-7771